Intelligent information technology of operational monitoring and proactive flood modeling using satellite imagery and access to results through geoportals
Research and development of model-algorithmic support for automation of integrated monitoring and proactive modeling of floods with using different types of ground and space data, elaboration and testing of appropriate hardware and software prototype with access to the simulation results via the geoportal.
The following results were achieved within the project:
- The conceptual foundations of automation and intellectualization of the operative monitoring and predictive modelling of floods problems on the basis of a new approach based on integrated use of ground and space data.
- Model-algorithmic support for the synthesis of floods operative monitoring and predictive modelling systems on the basis of intelligent information technology of a new level for integrated processing of heterogeneous data, information and expert knowledge in the subject area.
- Methodological and methodical bases of designing of software and hardware floods monitoring and predictive modelling systems, characterized by the integrated use of heterogeneous space-ground data on the state of natural-technological objects.
- A prototype of the automated information system for integrated monitoring and proactive flood modeling using ground and space data.
- The complex techniques for operational monitoring and predictive modelling of floods in specific areas of the river valleys with use remote sensing data and also one-dimensional and two-dimensional models of water movement in the channel network
- The approbation results of particular methods for operational monitoring and proactive flood modeling, and also for a prototype of the automated information system intelligent interface.
- Methods and tools for presenting the results of operational monitoring and predictive modelling of floods in the geoportal.
The project was implemented by the RFBR grant.
SPIIRAS, Laboratory of Information Technologies in System Analysis and Modeling
Chief Researcher, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor Viacheslav Zelentsov