Innovative information technologies for analysis of negative impact on the crossborder region forests
To create and integrate Finnish and Russian unified innovation information system for analysis and forecasting the preconditions and impact of natural and anthropogenic factors on the forest state in cross-border area.
- To create innovative means and tools to ensure the environmental stability.
- To implement best practices exchange and joint activities of Finish-Russian specialists using advanced information technologies, Earth Observation data (including COPERNICUS data and etc.) to reduce emergency situation impact.
- To raise public awareness about state of the forest and environment security.
The project is a part of South-East Finland – Russia Cross-Border Cooperation 2014-2020 programme.
24 months (01.03.2019-28.02.2021)
The project is funded by the European Union, the Russian Federation and the Republic of Finland.
- St. Petersburg State Forest Technical University.
- Natural Resources Institute Finland (Luke).
- St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Project head in SPIIRAS:
Chief Researcher, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor Viacheslav Zelentsov